The 2017 Fellowships Grant is now open for application.
The Asia Pacific League of Associations for Rheumatology (APLAR) invites applications from science and medical graduates from science and medical graduates from APLAR member societies of developing countries for its APLAR FELLOWSHIP. The grant of USD 14,000 is to assisst graduates to undertake intensive or advanced study in the research or clinical aspects of either adult or paediatric rheumatology in a rheumatic disease unit in any country within (preferable) or outside the Asia Pacific area for a minimum period of six months. The successful candidate must have a long-term commitment to continue research or clinical work i his/her own country at the conclusion of the Fellowship. The grant is to cover air fares, accomodation and subsistence costs. Up to five APALR Fellowship grants are available for the year 2017. Only complete applications with the correct supporting documents will be accepted.
The offer is valid only for:
- Medical or science graduate of less than 40 years of age.
- Nationals of countries in the Asia Pacific area.
The following documents need to be enclosed with the application:
- Photocopy of birth certificate.
- Recommendation of the Head of Department where the applicant works at present.
- Recommendation of the Chairman or President of the national rheumatology society.
- Curriculum Vitae including a recent 2 x 2 inch photograph.
- A written statement that the institute where the applicant wishes to work is able to accommodate him/her and the willingness of an instructor to supervise the programme.
- A general outline of the clinical or laboratory course or research work the applicant wishes to undertake.
- A certificate of fluency in the host country’s language.
- A certificate of ability to write the country’s language at tertiary level.
- A reference of good standing from the Dean of the candidate’s medical school/university.
All successful fellows are required to submit a full report to the APLAR Executive Committee upon the completion of the Fellowship ($1,000 of the grant will be withheld until this report has been received). Additionally, they are required to submit data from the work carried out during the Fellowship for presentation at a subsequent APLAR Congress of Rheumatology, and for publication as a full scientific article in the International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases.
The original application and other documents need to be received before Friday 24 March 2017, by the Secretary General of APLAR (documents sent by facsimile, or incomplete applications will NOT be accepted):
Professor Wen-Chan Tsai
Secretary General APLAR
1 Scotts Road #24-10
Please email one set of documents in PDF format email@example.com and post the original to the APLAR office in Singapore.
APLAR/ARA Scholarship to Attend and Present at the 2016 Australian Rheumatology Association Annual Scientific Meeting
30 April – 4 May, 2016
Download: Application Form